Thursday, January 15, 2009

Granthum 1763 Antiques at Home

Granthum 1763 Antiques started in a Manor House near the little town of Wye Mills, Md. The tract of land that my house was on was the Granthum tract. I built my shop with a "special exception" as it was in my home. I did my first show in Union Mills, Md. a little show in an old Mill. My booth was upstairs. I took 23 quilts and I had no hlep so it was quite a chore to lug them up and down. One of the first customers I had came into my booth and asked how long it took me to make the quilts! I just stared at her dumbfounded, with no ready answer. Oh well it was fun and it didn't take long to discover that I enjoyed doing shows.

Many amusing stories followed. I come away from each and every auction or show enlightened with a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment